1. 101 Cookbooks – A recipe journal by Heidi Swanson. She focuses on vegetarian, whole foods in her blogs and cookbooks and the takes amazing photos.
2. Simply Recipes – Elise Bauer blogs about the recipes she and her family make on Simply Recipes. This is one of the most popular food blogs with over 200,000 visitors each day.
3. Smitten Kitchen – Smitten Kitchen is popular food blog that features fresh vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods, as well as desserts. The site organizes its recipes by season, as well as the ingredient.
4. Lucid Food – Louisa is a cookbook author, recipe developer, and cooking instructor. She loves beautiful, healthy, and sensuous foods.
5. David Lebovitz – David Lebovitz lives in Paris, France, and blogs about the food he makes (often pastries) and eats. He is known for working with Alice Waters at Chez Panisse in Berkley, CA.
6. Lottie and Doof – Tim started the blog in 2008 out of an interest in food, hosting dinners, and food politics. Now Tim identifies himself as a food writer, recipe developer, and occasional photographer. He writes from Chicago.
7. My New Roots – Sarah Britton is a holistic nutritionist and vegetarian chef. Sarah provides not only delicious recipes but a wealth of nutrition information.
8. Joy the Baker – Joy writes an incredibly fun food blog from L.A. Many of her recipes are baked goods, but not all. Joy says in her blog “I really like chocolate… and cookies.. and anything with the word ‘cake’ in the title… and funky things like Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies.”.
9. Chocolate and Zucchini – Clotilde Dusoulier writes Chocolate & Zucchini from France. Her recipes focus on healthy, local, seasonal foods, as well as anything chocolate.
10. Everybody Likes Sandwiches – Everybody Likes Sandwiches is an “uncomplicated journal about food… not just sandwiches”. The recipes on the blog are straightforward and fresh. A great resource for looking up recipes to make on a weeknight.
11. Yummy Supper – Yummy Supper focuses on seasonal and fresh gluten-free recipes. The blogger, Erin, was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a number of years ago and then discovered that her children were gluten intolerant.
12. Use Real Butter – Jen lives in the Colorado Rockies and maintains the blog to discuss food, but also to talk about not doing this “half-assed”.
13. What Katie Ate – A food photography journal of what Katie Quinn Davies eats. Katie is originally from Ireland but now lives in Australia. Her photography blog follows her around the world — even to her own kitchen.
14. Sunday Suppers – Sunday Suppers provides an online food blog full of recipes, as well as cooking classes in Brooklyn, NY. Their recipes focus on cooking with fresh, local, organic foods.
15. 80 Breakfasts – Blog provides recipes for more than just breakfast (although there are a lot of breakfast recipes on the site). Recipes tend to be basic and reliable and do not include exotic ingredients or difficult cooking techniques.
16. Sprouted Kitchen – Sprouted Kitchen is written by a blogger who focuses on wellness, vegetables, and fresh foods. The fabulous photos are taken by the bloggers beau.
17. Good Things Grow – Blog is written by Jacqui — a woman who has always lived in the Pacific Northwest. Her recipes focus on using seasonal whole food.
18. Sassy Radish – Sassy Radish is written by Olga Massov, a “a Russian expat, by way of New England, with Southern inclinations.” Her recipes focus on simple, yet wholesome and delicious, foods and cocktails.
19. Seaweed Snacks – Seaweed Snacks is written by a food blogger in Northern California. The recipes focus on vegetables, but the posts sometimes also include lists of “favorites” that include foodie and non-foodie items.
20. Three to One – Three to One is a visual food magazine. Photographs of food are the focus of this blog, with a brief explanation of the food and the photograph. It’s a great site for appreciating the beauty of food!
21. Seven Spoons – Seven Foods has been written by Tara O’Brady since 2005. The blog has changed over the years, as has Tara. The blog is the excellent resource for delicious recipes, as well as writings on family and food.
22. Orangette – Molly Wizenberg has been writing this popular food blog since 2004. Molly’s writings are inspiring and her recipes — as well as her recipe books — are full of savory and sweet treats.
23. The Nourishing Gourmet – Nourishing Gourmet shares nourishing recipes and sustainable practices, with an emphasis on real food and realistic cooking techniques. The blog also regularly highlights cooking on a budget.
24. Matt Bites – MattBites is regularly recognized as being one of the top food blogs. The blog is visually attractive and has gotten the attention of the national media. MattBites has inspired a cookbook, as well as a book about food photography.
25. Honest Fare – Honest fare is a food blog devoted to the simple art of food production. Gabrielle posts straightforward recipes made with whole foods, and sometimes also writes about the food truck she started with a friend in 2011.